Fundamentals of Photo Editing in Darktable
A Beginner’s Guide to Image Editing in Darktable’s Free RAW Processing Software
26 Lectures | 2 hr 49 min of Video Content
Want to learn how to properly edit your RAW photos using the popular and FREE RAW Processing Software Darktable? Want to know how to properly set up your camera for RAW photography? Looking to finally learn the Darktable layout, panels, and modules so you aren’t “stabbing in the dark” when making image adjustments?
I’m Mike Davies, photographer, course instructor, and owner of Davies Media Design. I’m here to introduce you to one of the most powerful pieces of RAW processing software on the planet. The best part? It’s totally free!
In this course, I provide:
- An introduction to Darktable and RAW Photography
- Instructions on how to take RAW photos with your camera
- An overview of importing RAW images to your computer and opening them in Darktable
- An in-depth look at the Darktable layout
- A demonstration of all the Panels found in Darktable
- An introduction to modules, as well as an in-depth look at my favorite modules for photo editing
- Definitions for photo editing and Darktable concepts
- Insight into why certain modules/image adjustments are used for RAW editing
- Step-by-step instruction on how to edit/remove/add your photo’s:
- Shadows and Highlights
- Tone Curve
- Color Balance
- White Balance
- Exporting guidelines and recommendations
Whether you’re a casual photographer familiar with RAW photography, or someone looking to learn RAW image processing for the first time, this course is perfect for you! My lectures are easy for beginners to follow, but in-depth enough for anyone to walk away knowing more about Darktable and image editing than they previously did.
Purchasing this course provides you with a single student enrollment for the Fundamentals of Photo Editing in Darktable course. This course comes with a 30-day money back guarantee. This means if you request a refund within 30 days of enrolling in the course, you will receive a full refund of your course payment.
This course is hosted directly on DaviesMediaDesign.com. You will create login credentials after signing up for the course.